Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Monthly Goals

I thought Mark Zuckerberg had a cool idea.  His goal for 2011 was to do something unique and different every month for a full month.  I am going to follow that lead and start working on self improvement every month.

October:
My goal for October is to learn Spanish fluently, seems like a high bench mark, new language in a month, but when I set my mind on something I typically follow through with it.

September:
I took up Yoga seriously in September after practicing for a few years on and off and I am now practicing Yoga on a daily basis.  I have really embraced the full Yoga culture and benefits of Yoga.  Yoga is not just about stretching, but so much more.   It's amazing the changes you see in your body and life when you religiously practice Yoga or anything for that matter.  I have found that with determination and following a strict routine you can really overcome and achieve almost anything in your life.  After living with back pain for almost 10 years I am almost pain free after a strict Yoga and food regimen.  I really believe people fall short on their goals, hopes and dreams not typically because of outside circumstances but because they give up, they don't go the extra mile, give the extra effort.  Life is always throwing us curveballs, it's how we navigate those challenges that makes us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment